General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Replacement Depo Trans Am frt turn signal lenses

Old 09-16-2013, 09:16 PM
TECH Addict

Received 27 Likes on 21 Posts
Default Replacement Depo Trans Am frt turn signal lenses

I just bought a set of Depo replacement turn signal lenses from Amazon.com. BOTH CRACKED IN THE SAME PLACE after 1 months use.................worthless to say the least. I'm afraid GM sell the originals anymore.

The lenses cracked at the inner bottom edge. I'm guessing from the bulb overheating the plastic. PITA to be sure. I'm going to try and contact Depo.
Old 09-16-2013, 09:24 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've been running those lenses for almost a year now and they still look brand new without cracks. However, I used LED bulbs when I installed them instead of the incandescent stockers. If you use regular bulbs then this is to be expected, they melted the first set, they will melt the current ones and they will then melt any others you choose to install down the road.
Old 09-17-2013, 12:03 PM
Banned

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by RockinWs6
I just bought a set of Depo replacement turn signal lenses from Amazon.com. BOTH CRACKED IN THE SAME PLACE after 1 months use.................worthless to say the least. I'm afraid GM sell the originals anymore.

The lenses cracked at the inner bottom edge. I'm guessing from the bulb overheating the plastic. PITA to be sure. I'm going to try and contact Depo.
Bro.....I bought replacement front blinker housings for my T/A like 3 years ago from Amazon.com.
THEY ARE GLASS, with the rear half hard plastic. Awesome parts. IIRC....they were about $60 for the pair. I also installed LED's.....but these are glass and will never crack or melt anyway. The port in the back to snap the socket into is also on the side, NOT THE BOTTOM, so moisture cannot run down and accumulate in the socket and burn them out. Moisture runs out of two drain holes. Great design.

Only problem is: I do not have the part number but other people have been able to find them.

Here's how mine look....very bright white glass. With my LED switchbacks. VIDEO.
https://ls1tech.com/forums/appearanc...look-like.html

Last edited by LS6427; 09-18-2013 at 01:01 AM.
Old 09-17-2013, 03:43 PM
TECH Addict

Received 27 Likes on 21 Posts

TY great idea, at least a set of LED bulbs my save it from further cracking. I don't think water can get in yet.
Old 09-21-2013, 02:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 147 Likes on 133 Posts

I think the WS6 store sells them also.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Replacement Depo Trans Am frt turn signal lenses