General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Tell me if this will work

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2013, 12:40 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Tell me if this will work

I don't see any reason why it shouldn't. I'm replacing my heater hoses today and switching to green coolant. I was thinking of disconnecting the heater hoses at the block and attaching a garden hose to one of the hoses to flush out the heater core. I don't think there are any valves in heater core but thought I should ask first.

98 WS6
Old 10-05-2013, 02:15 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

as far as i know, whenever your flushing out the coolant on an LS1, you need to have the heater ON full blast to allow the old stuff out and circulate the new stuff in. theres also two hex head (large) bolts on the sides of the block that you need to remove in order to get every last bit of the orange stuff out. I didnt do that though. i simply changed to the green stuff just by running the engine with the radiatior cap off, and the petcock open and let the water pump flush the fresh water from the garden hose into the motor. I filled and drained and filled using fresh water first until when i drained the coolant it came out clear...THEN i ran the motor with the petcock open, cap off using the garden hose to keep the radiator full.
Old 10-07-2013, 05:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ENASNI TILLER
I don't see any reason why it shouldn't. I'm replacing my heater hoses today and switching to green coolant. I was thinking of disconnecting the heater hoses at the block and attaching a garden hose to one of the hoses to flush out the heater core. I don't think there are any valves in heater core but thought I should ask first.

98 WS6
FYI - That way of flushing the H/Core worked on my 96.
Old 10-14-2013, 05:14 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It worked. Running the green stuff now.

Quick Reply: Tell me if this will work