General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Blinkers and fog lights issue

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2013, 06:18 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Blinkers and fog lights issue

I've been tinkering with this for a while now and obviously need some guidance... Let me start off by saying everything worked fine 6 months ago before I let it sit for those 6 months. I had to replace my switch under the dash because my dash blinker bulbs just stayed lit and did not flash (fixed that problem). I have since returned and now my fog lights won't turn off and my blinker signals won't work.

-Fog lights are always on
-Blinker signals don't work when signaling to turn either direction (neither dash, nor exterior blinker lights flash... or even turn on)
-When hazard lights are engaged, ALL my blinker bulbs properly flash, so I know my bulbs themselves are fine.
-Checked my turn signal fuse and it looks fine

Any ideas?
Old 10-09-2013, 11:13 AM
TECH Enthusiast

When you are trying to use your blinkers, do they not come on at all... or they stay lit?

Fog lights do not turn off when you toggle the switch or turn off the vehicle?
Old 10-11-2013, 10:34 AM
TECH Enthusiast

https://ls1tech.com/forums/7096618-post7.html See if something in here helps.
Old 10-13-2013, 06:17 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Lockdown99ss
I've been tinkering with this for a while now and obviously need some guidance... Let me start off by saying everything worked fine 6 months ago before I let it sit for those 6 months. I had to replace my switch under the dash because my dash blinker bulbs just stayed lit and did not flash (fixed that problem). I have since returned and now my fog lights won't turn off and my blinker signals won't work.

-Fog lights are always on
-Blinker signals don't work when signaling to turn either direction (neither dash, nor exterior blinker lights flash... or even turn on)
-When hazard lights are engaged, ALL my blinker bulbs properly flash, so I know my bulbs themselves are fine.
-Checked my turn signal fuse and it looks fine

Any ideas?
just something to take a peek at as far as the blinkers are concerned. The hazards use a different flasher than the turn signals, which explains why hazards work as designed. Might be a problem with the new flasher you put in, could be seized up.

Quick Reply: Blinkers and fog lights issue