General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Po200 dtc??

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2013, 06:35 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Po200 dtc??

I FINALLY got this thing to run long enough to set a code, and it came up as a PO200, fuel injection circuit open, with NO OTHER codes, or pending codes, not even a misfire code.
It will start, and idle like **** for about 45 seconds, and then slowly bog down and die out, dying out even quicker if I even touch the throttle.
Would it even start IF it were the fuel pump, and WHY would it throw the injector circuit code if it was the fuel pump???

I have been told that our cars have a problem with shorting the injection wiring harness where it goes through the firewall, causing this code to set. (BUT WHY NO blown fuses/relay when that happens???)
How true is this and how often does it actually happen, vs. a problem somewhere else in the circuit, or even the injector drivers themselves going bad (I have ~1.5 year old, bought BRAND NEW GM injectors in the car now)??

IS there a ground for the injection circuit (the Helms manual shows NONE, not even in the schematics).

How does one get to the injection circuit harness back by the firewall, does the intake HAVE TO come off (for the THIRD time this year!!! ), does the engine have to come out of the bay???!!!

Last edited by dailydriver; 10-15-2013 at 06:42 PM.
Old 01-17-2014, 03:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I fixed my po200 code (flooding out cause by injector staying open)). Wire bundle exiting computer was rubbing against firewall. There is a sharp steel lip on firewall that was rubbing thru injector wire insulation. I simply pulled wire bundle away from firewall to fix.

Last edited by gollum; 01-17-2014 at 03:23 PM.
Old 01-19-2014, 01:35 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

THANKS , but it turned out to be a bad fuel pump for me.

I DID check ALL of the wiring harnesses coming out of the PCM, and going through the firewall at the time this problem first occurred.

Quick Reply: Po200 dtc??