General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Replacement drivers side window glass?

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2013, 11:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Default Replacement drivers side window glass?

Long story short, my Camaro was broken into, need to find a replacement drivers side window for it. Anyone know of any good places to buy? I've found maybe 2 so far on ebay with no other luck. Thinking of checking the dealership but just want to see if there are any other sources first.

Also, how hard is this to install yourself, I can imagine getting cut up by all the glass that fell into the door but anyone have any experience? Thanks in advance
Old 10-16-2013, 05:29 AM
Save the manuals!

Received 322 Likes on 295 Posts

Any local auto glass shop can get you the right stuff. The replacement requires special rivets and an oversize riveter, so it might be best to have the glass shop do everything.
Old 10-16-2013, 11:51 AM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,487 Likes on 1,070 Posts

Originally Posted by wssix99
Any local auto glass shop can get you the right stuff. The replacement requires special rivets and an oversize riveter, so it might be best to have the glass shop do everything.
This would be my suggestion as well. If you know a good local GM dealer with a body shop, that might also be a good option. Definitely make sure that the correct rivets are used, otherwise the internal door structure will require some creative repairs in the future.

Glass is the sort of thing that I'd rather let a shop worry about getting transported. I doubt I would ever buy it and have it shipped to me directly.
Old 10-16-2013, 02:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Ok cool, glad I didn't jump the gun and buy a new window, didn't know it was that involved. I made an appointment to get it replaced at a local Safelite on Saturday, thanks guys

Quick Reply: Replacement drivers side window glass?