General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

click/knock front end,.... pullimg everywhere

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2013, 06:59 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default click/knock front end,.... pullimg everywhere

OK I'll make it as short as I can. 1999 ta. Adjustable Upper and lower control arms aftermarket sway bar bilstein shocks social springs. New rack.. all parts are years old but not a lot of miles on them

Car is making a sort of a creaking clunking click noise while at creaping speeds. I'm pretty sure its on the right side Under 5 MPH ..... and I know its suspension related because with the car off if I open the passenger door and bounce up and down to rock the car I will get the noise.....but notttt always... its sparatic while performing that test

Anther symptom I have with the car since. Got it. Is the steering is unperdicatable. any imperfection on the road will make the car want to go any which way ... while coming out of a turn and going straight sometimes you need to keep the wheel turned to keep it straight. Then its fine for a little while....... at highway speeds there is a slight slight vibration but not much to write home about..... the cracking poping noise is only veryyy pronounced while making a slow k turn of backing into a drive way ...... almost sounds like a bad axle on a fwd drive car but doesn't increase the faster you go (ie around a turn)

Also this may not be related. The car takes speed bums and lot holes very harshly which makes me thing strut mount or blown shock?

Can anyone attempt to help me.
Old 10-17-2013, 09:15 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by gotgrowth
OK I'll make it as short as I can. 1999 ta. Adjustable Upper and lower control arms aftermarket sway bar bilstein shocks social springs. New rack.. all parts are years old but not a lot of miles on them

Car is making a sort of a creaking clunking click noise while at creaping speeds. I'm pretty sure its on the right side Under 5 MPH ..... and I know its suspension related because with the car off if I open the passenger door and bounce up and down to rock the car I will get the noise.....but notttt always... its sparatic while performing that test

Anther symptom I have with the car since. Got it. Is the steering is unperdicatable. any imperfection on the road will make the car want to go any which way ... while coming out of a turn and going straight sometimes you need to keep the wheel turned to keep it straight. Then its fine for a little while....... at highway speeds there is a slight slight vibration but not much to write home about..... the cracking poping noise is only veryyy pronounced while making a slow k turn of backing into a drive way ...... almost sounds like a bad axle on a fwd drive car but doesn't increase the faster you go (ie around a turn)

Also this may not be related. The car takes speed bums and lot holes very harshly which makes me thing strut mount or blown shock?

Can anyone attempt to help me.

Anyone?
Old 10-17-2013, 09:38 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I havnt drove a t/a in years but my truck had similar symptoms and it was bad ball joints. Get the front up on jack stands and see if there is any play in the front wheels, grab the front tire by the top and bottom and push and pull it back and forth
Old 10-17-2013, 09:45 AM
Staging Lane

I believe I did that and it seemed fine months ago .... if I jad bad ball joints on aftermarket a arms where doI find replacement parts
Old 10-17-2013, 12:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I dunno about the aftermarket stuff, it only takes 1 pothole to fubar a ball joint. Mine was fine then one day i drove over big bump with some speed and the next day i noticed the steering issues.
Old 10-17-2013, 04:33 PM
Staging Lane

I gotta jack this thing up and really try to check. ... anyonw know a way to check the strut if it passes visual inspection

Quick Reply: click/knock front end,.... pullimg everywhere