General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

2001 z28 brake lights and dash light out help please

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2013, 11:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2001 z28 brake lights and dash light out help please

Hello, just joined today, i own a blk 2001 z28 shes been pretty good to me but now am experiencing a headach. Ok so today i take her in to get a light bulb charged at a jiffy lobe. It was my driver side front blinker, he goes for a new bulb pops it in, then he shows me that now the other side is blown out and says its a fuse. So i think ok, no big deal, well when its gettingdark around here i hop in the car and notice my brake light and dash light thatgows up my gauges is completely out. When i step on brake it lights up, when i turn on the light switch it only turns on the headlights, am a newbie can you guys please point me in the right direction
Old 11-05-2013, 10:09 AM

Any body please? ?
Old 11-05-2013, 12:23 PM
It's not mine! woo hoo!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Just to be sure we understand you correctly, are you saying everything was fine until Jiffy Lube simply changed the driver-front signal bulb in the bumper?

While I am not familiar with the symptoms you're explaining, this is how I'd try to diagnose the issue:

Check all fuses
Check the installation of the new bulb -- did the tech bump something?
Ensure the dimmer switch is operating properly

Lastly, I'd stay away from Jiffy Lube
Old 11-05-2013, 12:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jonjoncreole
Hello, just joined today, i own a blk 2001 z28 shes been pretty good to me but now am experiencing a headach. Ok so today i take her in to get a light bulb charged at a jiffy lobe. It was my driver side front blinker, he goes for a new bulb pops it in, then he shows me that now the other side is blown out and says its a fuse. So i think ok, no big deal, well when its gettingdark around here i hop in the car and notice my brake light and dash light thatgows up my gauges is completely out. When i step on brake it lights up, when i turn on the light switch it only turns on the headlights, am a newbie can you guys please point me in the right direction
I have tried to decipher all this and I honestly can't figure out where to start with this. Did all of this happen immediately after you took it to Jiffy Lube? What does "brake light and dash light thatgows up my gauges is completely out" mean? Do you mean the background lights on the gauge cluster? As far as the "BRAKE" light I would definitely check all of your fuses but honestly if you can't change a light bulb I am not sure how you can check a fuse either. Find a reputable shop to fix it and sell the car, maybe trade it in on something with a warrenty????

Not trying to be rude, I just don't know how anyone can help you if you can't change a light bulb.
Old 11-08-2013, 02:32 AM
Launching!

I had this issue in my TA last year and took it to the dealer they had the car for three days and said their was nothing they could do and didn't feel uncomfortable working on it.....I got in and fired it up everything worked ....Before I took it I replace the dimmer/ light switch nothing....replaced fuses because every time I turned the lights on i blew a fuse. The mechanic said he just checked the grounds andput it on the scanner >.< so I assume it was a ground

Quick Reply: 2001 z28 brake lights and dash light out help please