General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Help: Single Tick/Click undercar when I deccel

Old 11-12-2013, 06:35 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Help: Single Tick/Click undercar when I deccel

I did some searching, but couldn't find anything similar.... I hope this is something familiar which others have had.

So on my '00 A4 Trans Am.... when I let off the gas and deccelerate/coast.... the moment I apply the brakes I get this one time Tick or Click from under the car. Sounds like a switch or lever or something.... and it sounds like metal to metal contact. Almost sounds like I tapped an exhaust pipe one time with a screwdriver.

If I let off the gas and coast... no tick.... until the moment I apply the brakes then the tick goes once. It is just the one tick, but it's pretty obvious and annoying.

Not sure how long it has been there, I just quieted my exhaust so now I hear it.

It definitelty comes from under the car but it is tough to check unless I support the rear enough to drive the rear wheels and have my wife operate.

Anyone seen this before? ideas?

Thanks!
Old 11-26-2013, 04:34 PM
Teching In

did you ever find out what it was? My Firehawk does the same on left turns decelerating going downhill turning left. It happens to me on freeway exits when lightly braking
Old 11-26-2013, 05:12 PM
Launching!

No, not yet. I tried to reproduce it with car up on stands but it didn't work. I really think it is something with the tranny releasing or freeing up something. I can coast for a long time, then as soon as I apply brakes it clicks one single time... And it's not the brakes....

Last edited by 666ws6; 11-26-2013 at 05:24 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Help: Single Tick/Click undercar when I deccel