General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

LT1 driving problems

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2013, 09:04 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LT1 driving problems

Hey guys I have a 1996 LT1 Z28 and for the past day my car has been acting a little funny. Last night when I was leaving a stop light my rpm's dropped and the car sputtered and stop and when I pushed on the gas again it did the same thing but then it acted normal. Well I went to start it tonight and it started and instantly died and wouldn't start back up but it rolled over. It eventually started and when I was driving the rpm's dropped to 0 and when I pushed on the gas it wouldn't do anything but then the rpm's went back to 2500 and it idles at 800. Could this be a fuel filter problem? O and the it is 30°f when it was having problems starting. Any help is appreciated guys thanks!
Old 11-23-2013, 11:51 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Z28LAB -

If everything was fine prior to this event, then look for obvious issues, like a vacuum line that has split or is disconnected.

With the car idling, spray some carb cleaner around the vacuum hoses - if the idle speed changes, then you've found a (maybe not THE, but a) problem.

Fix one thing at a time, and then check again.

Good luck!
Old 11-23-2013, 12:06 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did you descreen the maf ? My car has issues when its cold out due to this . Also is your cel on ? You could have an opti issue as well

Quick Reply: LT1 driving problems