General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Whining Noise & Oil Tank Pressure Issue

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2013, 08:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Whining Noise & Oil Tank Pressure Issue

Hey Guys

So I am new here and have a 1999 Firebird V6, that I will convert over to LT1. We did a lot to the car already, but since Day 1 I have this whine noise and it makes me crazy. We try to find the source of the noise,9 and all the idle pulleys are remade (Sorry I am German and my English is better when I talk), noise was still there. After that, we worked on the water pump. That reduced the noise a lot but it was still there. So after some electronic work we checked the transmission out and turns out that the clutch throwout bearing was done. So after a longer period of working on that, we thought we have the problem fixed, but on a test-drive the whine noise came back. What is art as well is, that when you remove the cap from the Oil Tank, air comes out. So is it possible that the PCV Valve gives me a hart time ??? I Believe it is located under the passenger side intake. But since I have a V6 and not a V8 I have no idea what to do. I just so hope somebody can help me. It is a long road to the final car, but till then maybe I get help from you guys here, to come to success. I know this is LT1 Forum, but like I say we are on the way, just a matter of time.

Thanks for reading:

Lars

Quick Reply: Whining Noise & Oil Tank Pressure Issue