General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

No electrical power with key in ignition!

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2014, 11:13 PM
TECH Addict

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Default No electrical power with key in ignition!

Ok I wake up this morning and flip my kill switch to the "on" position and as I get into my car I see the seatbelt light on my cluster illuminated.

I put the key in the ignition and hear this tapping/clicking noise coming from the passenger side engine bay..

Then I turn the key on to "run" and the seat belt light goes off and I have no power whatsoever to the car.. No gauge no lights, I open the door and no dome light, flipped rear view mirror light and still no power.. I pull the key out and the seatbelt light pops back on!

What gives?!?
Old 02-04-2014, 01:04 AM
TECH Addict

This is a pic of the light that is on before I put the key into ignition

Wonder why any light is on since I haven't put the key in yet!
Attached Thumbnails No electrical power with key in ignition!-image-214236897.jpg   No electrical power with key in ignition!-image-757456075.jpg  
Old 02-04-2014, 03:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Burken01
Ok I wake up this morning and flip my kill switch to the "on" position and as I get into my car I see the seatbelt light on my cluster illuminated.

I put the key in the ignition and hear this tapping/clicking noise coming from the passenger side engine bay..

Then I turn the key on to "run" and the seat belt light goes off and I have no power whatsoever to the car.. No gauge no lights, I open the door and no dome light, flipped rear view mirror light and still no power.. I pull the key out and the seatbelt light pops back on!

What gives?!?
Battery dead? Might want to check the "gauges" fuse (I think that's what it is called).
Old 02-04-2014, 06:47 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by lt1pwr1

Battery dead? Might want to check the "gauges" fuse (I think that's what it is called).
It ended up being the battery ground to the frame, so random!!

I sanded the paint away from the chassis and re grounded it and the car had power again!

I hate when random **** happens for no reason!

Quick Reply: No electrical power with key in ignition!