General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

p0332 and p0410 TECH QUESTIONS!

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2014, 06:14 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default p0332 and p0410 TECH QUESTIONS!

Hello guys i am going to be looking at a 2001 trans am later this week and the owner said the car has these two codes on. (p0332,p0410) I've done some research and am definitely capable of changing any and all parts needed but what would you you think are the main problems?
As of right now the car has a small exhaust leak at the cat, and a small oil leak.
i am guessing the knock sensors need to be changed but i am getting many different answers on the p0410 code. is it usually the airpump that is bad or are there any inside tips you guys can offer? Thank you in advance

Last edited by demonspeed; 03-05-2014 at 12:00 PM. Reason: Posted in multiple secions
Old 03-20-2014, 11:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Usually yes it is the air pump. Start the car and feel the pump to see if it is working if not then check to make sure the connectors have current. If there is current and the pimp works then check the big rubber hose coming off of it. You will want to disconnect the opposite end that is attached to the air pump. If not air is coming out and the pump works then the hose is clogged. Replace it. If air does come out then there should be a small vacuum line with the hose you just disconnected. make sure there is a vacuum. If not then follow it back to where it hooks into the manifold and throttle body and make sure it is not clogged. Check to make sure that end blows appropriately. Now if that hose did have vacuum then you want to check the other vacuum hose on the switching valve.The hose on the switching valve needs to be checked for vacuum withinn 30 seconds of starting the car. If there is no vacuum check the electrical connector on the check valve for current. If there is current there then that switch is bad. replace it. I hope this helps. If not then i am terribly sorry. Repost and let me know if its not too late.

Quick Reply: p0332 and p0410 TECH QUESTIONS!