General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Clutch pedal switch No cruise

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2014, 11:35 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clutch pedal switch No cruise

I started with no cruise, and I think i have narrowed it down to the clutch pedal switch. I can start the car without pressing the clutch, or even with the sensor disconnected. I have taken the sensor apart, and it is working properly.

I am at a loss, is it a wiring problem or could there be something else? The circuit needs to be closed for it to start, Correct?

Where to the wires end up on the other end, It is difficult to trace.

Any help would be appreciated, And thanks in advance.
Old 05-27-2014, 01:53 PM
Teching In

Sounds like the switch is either shorted or someone has jumpered it out so that the PCM reads it as the clutch is always in. The cruise won't work unless the PCM sees the clutch out which should open a normally closed switch.

If you have an adjustable clutch master cylinder you might need to adjust the switch so that it actuates (disconnect the connector and spin the actuator till it does).

The switch could be shorted in which case with a meter across it and actuating the switch you would never see it open.

This circuit goes to the PCM so if they were going to install a jumper I'd expect that it would be right at the switch rather than the PCM and you would have seen it across the terminals or in the connector that plugs onto the switch.
Old 05-27-2014, 02:09 PM
On The Tree

The switch is now properly adjusted, but it wasnt for a few months, although I never really used the cruise, and pushed in the clutch when i started the car anyway, so it never really bothered me. The switch test fine, and opens and closes.

I guess my next step is find the pins on the pcm and see if it is shorted, i need to find a wiring diagram. Would the wires go straight to the pcm? I wouldn't think hp tuners would have any settings that would effect this, but it may have. I need too retune for some additional mods, I may flash the stock tune to see.

I will hunt down the wires, and test for a short when i get home, but the wiring harness was fairly unmolested.

Also, my reverse lockout works, and it looks like it is on the same circuit. I am trying to remember if that doesnt when the clutch is up, I will have to see if that works.

Last edited by pferris; 05-27-2014 at 02:20 PM.
Old 06-01-2014, 10:37 PM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

The depression switch is at the top of the pedal, the neutral safety switch is at the bottom of the pedal assembly and detects when the clutch is all the way down.

You can not adjust the neutral safety switch, its literally a switch
Old 06-02-2014, 06:56 PM
10 Second Club

The switch at the top of the pedal is for clutch anticipation and cruise control cancel, it has nothing to do with the start safety switch at the bottom of the pedal. If you jumper the pink and brown/white wires together it'll take the switch out of the circuit. What would be really nice is for someone to take a Tech2 and see what the cruise control cancel history is because that will almost always point you in the right direction.

Quick Reply: Clutch pedal switch No cruise