General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

2002 T/A - Passenger Window Not Working Anymore - Has Fix Kit Installed

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2014, 08:16 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default 2002 T/A - Passenger Window Not Working Anymore - Has Fix Kit Installed

So my passenger side window doesn't go up or down as of about 6 months ago. I installed the window fix kit about 4 or 5 years ago and it was already on its second window motor. Each relay clicks when I hit the switch for up or down, from either the driver or passenger side door, although the motor doesn't move. even when unbolted from the door.

So my first thought was that it was a bad motor, and I already had one on hand. Installed it, no change. So I thought maybe the relays were bad? So I ordered a second kit and changed the relays. No change...

So I checked every electrical connection and re-wired them all over again following the kit instructions on their website. No change...

I checked the fuse, the power and ground wire connections, and ordered and installed another window motor.... NO CHANGE!

So I'm at my wits end. I thought I knew exactly how the system works, and I checked every connection and swapped every potentially bad part. I don't know what else to check. I've gotta believe that there's another fuse or another relay somewhere that wasn't a part of the kit that's causing this problem.

I used a multimeter and determined that some power is getting to the motor when i press the switch, but I'm not sure it's enough. I don't know how much it's supposed to get in order to function.

The driver side window works just fine., and I tested the passenger side setup with a spare switch to see if the stock one had gone bad. No change.

So, any ideas? Thank you for reading.

EDIT: after reading a couple more threads I went and bench tested the first motor I put in that was supposed to be brand new. It worked just fine.

Also, I'm not very good with a multimeter and I've always had a hard time understanding the fundamentals of electricity. So a friend of mine that does get it told me to use the multimeter set at 20 VDC. I measured the plug for the motor with the switch in the up or down position and it read 5.30... From what I'm reading, that's supposed to be 12? So would that mean either the driver or passenger switch is bad? The spare I tested it with came out of an older firebird from a junkyard, it wouldn't surprise me if it was bad too.

Last edited by TallgeeseIV; 06-07-2014 at 09:20 PM.
Old 06-08-2014, 09:30 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well guess what. I disconnected the fix kit and tried the stock wiring, and it works. So unless all 4 relays i now have are bad, i'm stumped.
Old 06-11-2014, 07:02 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Check that the wires are actually connected to the harness that holds the relay. My camaro did this after I put the window fix kit and I spent so much time trying to figure out what it was and the wires had come loose off the harness.

Quick Reply: 2002 T/A - Passenger Window Not Working Anymore - Has Fix Kit Installed