General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

99 Z28 Passenger Side Carpet soaked / Smells of fuel when it is hot

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2014, 09:44 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts

Default 99 Z28 Passenger Side Carpet soaked / Smells of fuel when it is hot

I was driving for a few hours on a Hot Georgia day and I came to a point where I was sitting in traffic stop and go for about 45 minutes and during this I noticed the passenger floor both front AND back seat are SOAKED in liquid. Nothing spilled but you could put your foot down and gush it around. Also the car was running fairly hot... Towards the 3/4th marking. I also noticed the car reeked of the smell of fuel. But the liquid itself did not smell like gas. It also didn't smell like antifreeze. It just smelled neutral. I had the AC on that day maxed out and I just recently had the compressor replaced as well as something inside the dash AC related.

In the evenings or at night. The Windows will fog even when it's not raining unless I use the defroster. The antifreeze level is still good though. I also can't smell antifreeze anyone on the car

What's going on here?

What's going on here?
Old 06-27-2014, 10:40 AM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,483 Likes on 1,067 Posts

Sounds like the A/C drain might be clogged. That often causes condensation drainage to spill onto the passenger floor.

As for the fuel smell, I'm surprised you're not getting an EVAP code of some sort if there is a noticeable and consistent raw fuel smell. Have you checked for pending codes?

Quick Reply: 99 Z28 Passenger Side Carpet soaked / Smells of fuel when it is hot