General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

P0410,help me out guys.

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2014, 07:10 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default P0410,help me out guys.

Got the code today,so I figured that the pump was bad. I popped the hood and used jumpers to turn on the pump and I could hear it running.

Now,there is some sort of valve that has a vacuum line on it that attaches to the outlet of the pump that I left on and I didn't get any sort of air.I remove it and air comes rushing out. It doesn't look like the check valves that are located near the manifolds. The vacuum line on it isn't attached to anything.

I can actually push in on that valve and it moves fairly easy.If I put my finger on the end of the vacuum line that wasn't attached to anything and push the valve in,it holds open,when I remove my finger it closes.I'm not sure if that loose vacuum line is supposed to be attached to some sort of solenoid,etc.

Maybe you guys know what that part is and if it's faulty or not.

The car runs strong,so the P0410 isn't causing any issues. it's about time for an inspection and I need to get it fixed.
Old 10-22-2014, 08:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

This should help. The small air solenoid should have two small vacuum lines on it. One goes to the intake, the other goes to that valve on the outlet side of the pump. If you've got disconnected vacuum lines, that might be your problem right there.

Old 10-22-2014, 08:42 PM
TECH Apprentice

Thanks Spartan7 for that diagram.

I did actually see that air solenoid on the bottom of the engine ,one side did go to the intake,but the other had a small blue oval check valve on it with nothing attached to the other end. There is another one near the top of the engine. Could that loose vacuum line have been attached to that little oval looking check valve,but the end has been broke off? Also,would that create some sort of vacuum to open and close the valve that I didn't know what it was?

The valve that attaches to the outlet of the pump is round like a check valve,but it's plastic. I just don't see any diagrams that has a picture with it on it.
Old 10-22-2014, 09:31 PM
TECH Apprentice

I have one vacuum line going from the upper solenoid to the intake and the other going to a solenoid down lower on the block. The lower one s where that little blue check valve is located without anything attached to it. I attached a picture of the check valve that I am trying to figur eout what it is.
Old 10-23-2014, 08:08 AM
TECH Fanatic

Look at the top of your pic. There is a small solenoid with a connector that looks the same as your injectors. Under that connector are two small vacuum ports. One of them goes to the intake, and the loose hose in your picture should go to the other one.

IIRC, the AIR pump lines don't have those blue check valves in them. They should both be hard plastic lines with rubber elbows on them. The hose with the blue check valves is for the opti.

http://shbox.com/1/opti_vacuum_hose.jpg
Old 10-23-2014, 09:19 AM
TECH Apprentice

Yeah, I know the piece you are talking about,but it has one line going to the intake and the other side going to another piece that looks the same near the bottom of the engine . That's what's a little confusing. Are the lines in the wrong place?

Last edited by Red97LT1; 10-23-2014 at 09:48 AM.
Old 10-23-2014, 05:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Hmm, can you identify it in the recall component picture above? Or post up a pic, it's hard to picture what you're describing.
Old 10-23-2014, 05:26 PM
TECH Apprentice

Sure,no problem. I do see that solenoid you are referring to,it has a connector like my injectors with two ports and I now have one of them going to the intake (top port) and the other port(bottom) going to that loose hose on the shutoff valve.They were apparently hooked up wrong.

Before I moved them,one went to the intake,but the other was connected to the bleed/purge valve that sits lower on the engine block,picture 2,that has a blown up image. Now,here's whats confusing me,since I removed the hose that did go from the solenoid to that bleed valve,that hose is still attached to the bleed valve,but now isn't attached to anything. The bottom is still attached ,but the top is just sitting there.I don't see how it can do anything without it hooked up to something else.Hope that make sense.
Old 10-23-2014, 10:02 PM
TECH Apprentice

Wanted to give an update....The old bleed valve is NOT needed when the recall is done on the AIR.It says to remove the valve and move the harness out of the way and zip tie it somewhere. Glad this is resolved.
Old 10-25-2014, 07:12 AM
TECH Fanatic

I had a feeling your old bleed valve might still be down there. Glad you got it sorted out, emissions gremlins are no fun before smog.

Quick Reply: P0410,help me out guys.