General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

WIERD PROBLEM: hesitation when it rains?

Old 01-27-2015, 11:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WIERD PROBLEM: hesitation when it rains?

Hey there guys! New to the site but it looks like u guys have some good advice. I have a 2004 Silverado 5.3 z71. It'sell stock except for LT headers and true duals no cats with flowmasters. It does this weird thing that I've never seen any other vehicle do. When it rains sometimes after hitting a puddle or something it starts acting like there's a fuel pump going bad. That's the best way I can describe it. After u turn it off and on again it does okay for a minute or two until it starts again. But when it's dry it's fine. I do t get it. I have no 02s because it runs like **** with them in vs having them out. Idk if that has anything to do with it or not. I plan on getting the rear o2s tuned out when I have the money. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated (: thanks!
Old 02-02-2015, 10:51 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds like to me something is getting shorted out when u hit the puddles,check the wires on ur starter and make sure there good and ur grounds are good too,anything that connects to starter id follow back and make sure there good solid connections and nothings to close and arching out because of the water.
Old 02-15-2015, 08:53 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 857 Likes on 610 Posts

I had an Escape at work that ran bad only when it rained. It turned out that two coils were cracked and the moisture would work its way in and short the coil out internally. The way I found it was to put water in a spray bottle and start spraying different components. As soon as I sprayed the coils it started running bad.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: WIERD PROBLEM: hesitation when it rains?