General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Stumped on powering fuse box.

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2015, 07:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Stumped on powering fuse box.

Ok, I'm all done with my turbo build and I've had to relocate my battery to the trunk.. I've got a distribution post mounted on the frame rail and I know that I have to power my starter, alternator and fuse box.

My alternator has been relocated to the passenger side head and I was able to get the factory plug over to it. The distribution post was placed where the cars factory wiring will reach for the starter, I just have to cut and put a new end on it. That should take care of those 2.

Now is where I got lost. The factory wiring to the positive side of the battery had 2 red wires and one black. The red and the black went to the fuse box I believe ( judging by the length of the wires that's the only place I can figure). Why would their be a ground coming off the positive post of the battery?? Also, I know that the fuse box has the stud on the side of it to power it, where does the other connector go? Thanks for the help.
Old 02-01-2015, 08:49 PM
Launching!

On the stock cables the black went to the alternator and the one red went to the fuse panel the other red went to the starter.
Old 02-01-2015, 08:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Ah!! That's all I needed to know! So the fuse box nor the alternator have a ground?
Old 02-01-2015, 09:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Most alternators ground through the case to the engine (which is then grounded to the chassis), the fuse block will have its own ground to chassis.
Old 02-01-2015, 09:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Spartan7
Most alternators ground through the case to the engine (which is then grounded to the chassis), the fuse block will have its own ground to chassis.
Ya, there is 2 or 3 grounds right below it that I have done hooked up.. I'm assuming one was for it.. I'll check it tomorrow.

Last edited by JustAFooL; 02-01-2015 at 09:26 PM.

Quick Reply: Stumped on powering fuse box.