General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

02 Lingenfelter SS Turns but Will Not Fire Need Help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2015, 05:36 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 02 Lingenfelter SS Turns but Will Not Fire Need Help!!!

So yesterday night I was at the gym and I couldn't find my keys so I figured I left them I'm my car ? My window was a quarter open so I pressed the unlock button and both doors would not unlock after trying a numerous times the doors would not open? I went back inside the gym to get my gym bag and found my keys on the floor! I had my alarm on the whole time I was trying to unlock it from the inside switch would this cause my VATS to shut my car down and make it not fire when I tried to start it? The Fuel pump is working fine it just turned 40K on the odometer and I'm at a loss I don't want to take it too a shop if it's an easy fix can anybody help out a fellow Fbody owner please! This is the first time I've had any issues with my car all help is appreciated! Thanks
Old 03-10-2015, 06:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

I would think when you put in the key with the chip in the ignition it should clear any VATS restrictions unless the VATS system has failed and therefore your going to need to do the VATS bypass or figure out which component of the system has failed and replace it. Try cleaning the chip on the key with some alcohol, if you have a thin cotton strip try cleaning the ignition cylinder about where the leads would be that read the keys chip, just be careful not to let anything tear off in the ignition.
Old 03-10-2015, 07:49 PM
On The Tree

Remove the red battery cable from the battery first for about 30 seconds and then reinstall and see if it will fireup. Sometimes the security system will not let the car fire when tampered with. This will reset it and should let it crank.
Old 03-10-2015, 08:04 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by jaxcam02
I would think when you put in the key with the chip in the ignition it should clear any VATS restrictions unless the VATS system has failed and therefore your going to need to do the VATS bypass or figure out which component of the system has failed and replace it. Try cleaning the chip on the key with some alcohol, if you have a thin cotton strip try cleaning the ignition cylinder about where the leads would be that read the keys chip, just be careful not to let anything tear off in the ignition.

Thanks for the info bro!

So I got home from work put the key in the ignition and she fired up instantly ???? I'm at loss on what happened last night? Since then I fired it up numerous times with no issues but still haven't took it for a spin yet? Does anyone know what caused it not to start giving all the things I did last night? I just don't want to take it out mad end up stuck somewhere again SMH!!!!
Old 03-10-2015, 08:07 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 2011grandsport
Remove the red battery cable from the battery first for about 30 seconds and then reinstall and see if it will fireup. Sometimes the security system will not let the car fire when tampered with. This will reset it and should let it crank.

Thanks buddy I didn't have to do that I guess from it sitting overnight it reset and it started on the first crank so I hope it was just because I was trying to unlock my doors while the swarm was still on ?
Old 03-10-2015, 09:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

That sounds like what happened to me on my old v6 I had before the SS. Most the time the car would start but slowly it would have those same symptoms you are having more and more frequently until I was forced to do the VATS bypass (I got stuck in the ghetto at a corner store for an hour waiting for the VATS to read the key and let my car start and that was the final straw, i just left the car at home and borrowed a family car until I did the bypass), it was fairly easy to do, just do the research, buy a voltmeter and make sure you buy to correct resistors to match the value of the key chip. If you cant find a link explaining what to do let me know and I can help you find the information.
Old 03-11-2015, 12:55 AM
Launching!

That sounds like what happened to me on my old v6 I had before the SS. Most the time the car would start but slowly it would have those same symptoms you are having more and more frequently until I was forced to do the VATS bypass (I got stuck in the ghetto at a corner store for an hour waiting for the VATS to read the key and let my car start and that was the final straw, i just left the car at home and borrowed a family car until I did the bypass), it was fairly easy to do, just do the research, buy a voltmeter and make sure you buy to correct resistors to match the value of the key chip. If you cant find a link explaining what to do let me know and I can help you find the information.
Oh damn bring stuck in the ghetto is all bad! So do you think that I'll have more issues with it even tho it reset itself and seems to be firing perfect now? I just don't want to take it out and end up stuck again ! I'm going to test drive tomorrow in the neighborhood and see how she runs but so far I started it up atleast 5 times and it's fired on each turn just like she use too! So hopefully she's all good to go? ?????
Old 03-11-2015, 07:12 AM
TECH Fanatic

All I can say is in the case of my old car it decided on its own when and when not to have issues. It just got progressively worse over the course of a few weeks
Old 03-12-2015, 01:39 AM
Launching!

All I can say is in the case of my old car it decided on its own when and when not to have issues. It just got progressively worse over the course of a few weeks

Oh damn that sucks bro well so far so good drove it today and haven't had any issues at all almost like nothing ever happened? I just hope it's not going to happen again I'm going to keep my fingers crossed lol

Quick Reply: 02 Lingenfelter SS Turns but Will Not Fire Need Help!!!