General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

ASR not working.

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2015, 02:26 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ASR not working.

Just picked up a 2002 Z28, it has the NW9 ASR option however when I push the button it does not light up nor does the ASR off light in the gauges come on. When the key is in the run position the light also does not light up. I disconnected the wire to the switch and cleaned it which did nothing. I haven't really got on it from a stop yet because the tranny mount is broken so I can't tell if ASR is off all the time or on all the time now? If the switch was faulty wouldn't the ASR light in the gauges still come on turning the key?

Last edited by F&Ybodluvr; 04-10-2015 at 02:32 PM.
Old 04-10-2015, 03:24 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Check all the connections on sensors. Also I have a stock trans mount if interested. It has 9k miles on it.
Old 04-10-2015, 03:49 PM
Launching!

There are 3 primary places to check for fault here. At the switch which could be the switch or the wiring connected to the switch. Mine was bypassed there.

The fuse under the hood, driver side which could be bad or missing as mine was.

The unit itself which could be unplugged under the hood, passenger side which mine was.

Someone really did not want mine working at some point.
Old 04-10-2015, 04:03 PM
Teching In

I've checked all the fuses so far all are good, I also checked the connection in the engine bay it was loose, I tightened it still not working. Do you know if TCS is engaged all the time or none of the time now? I really don't care if it's disengaged I do care that If its on all the time now, this is my 6th 4th Gen F-Body(3rd LS1) and the only one that has had TCS...

I can let you know soon about the tranny mount have to get a couple other things done first as I paid cash for this car and a little low on funds...
Old 04-10-2015, 04:13 PM
Teching In

The ASR OFF light is supposed to come on turning the key then go off correct?
Old 04-11-2015, 04:32 AM
Launching!

yes, if functioning correctly, unless the light is dead. It's vaguely possible that you have a bad ASR light on the cluster AND a bad light in the ASR switch. If that's the case it could be functioning correctly without you realizing it. The light in my first switch was bad till I replaced it.
Old 04-11-2015, 02:12 PM
Teching In

I unplugged the connection in the engine bay and started it up, no ASR OFF light came on so I'm guessing the ASR system is completely inoperable? I'm going to remove the gauge panel and check out the bulb next there's some dirt that looks like got in through the little trip reset hole and could use a cleaning anyway..
Old 04-12-2015, 03:54 PM
Teching In

Took out the gauges and checked the bulb it's not a regular bulb and whatever kind of bulb it is it looked the same as the other ones that are working..if the switch is bad would the gauge light still come on? If you disconnect the connection in the engine bay does the light automatically stay on ASR OFF? Not sure what else I can check...

Quick Reply: ASR not working.