General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Help, Water Leak is Beating Me

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2015, 07:37 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Help, Water Leak is Beating Me

I've got a 96 Firebird, daily driven and depended on by my wifey and I everyday. It's got rain water coming into the passenger side front foot well. I was pretty confident that it was getting in around a gromet on the firewall below the ECU where I ran my amp power wire. So I sealed that up really good yesterday. It rained most of the day today, so when I got home and checked on the car I found more water on the floor! (good thing I left the carpet pulled up)

Problem is now I am fresh out of ideas as to where this water could be getting in. I took a photo of the area and added some yellow lines...The area between the yellow lines is where the water is...It's NOT coming down the firewall, or from the rear. Knowing that, it has to be coming from around the kickpanel area, but there is so much crap around here (wiring, that stupid black rubber panel) that I can't see where it's getting in at all.

Here's what I do know
-The water was originally under the carpet and rubber floor mat, so it's not dripping from above anywhere
-It's rain water (not coolant)
-The car doesn't have Ttops, so it's nothing to do with that
-The rubber boot in the door jam that has wiring running through it is in place, tight and doesn't appear to be the source of the leak

Anyone have any ideas?? This is driving me crazy. I drove my thirdgen while this is apart and it started puking power steering fluid...so I am running out of cars fast, lol.

Quick Reply: Help, Water Leak is Beating Me