General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Engine noise

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2015, 11:30 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Engine noise

So, I noticed a while back a clicking metallic winding sound. I was convinced it was a pulley. I replaced all tensioners, changed out fans, alternator, powersteering, ac, and still I had this noise. So I said **** it. It goes away when warmed up usually.

Now I have a light ticking that comes and goes, sometime it speeds up when I rev, sometimes when its warmed up it goes away. Sometimes its loud sometime it isn't. I sounds worst with hood open on rear driver side of motor. Lately It has gotten worse(ticking) noise and I have lost some power or so I feel. So I am thinking bent pushrod.

Anyway to tell between bent pushrod vs lifter? are pushrods more likely to fail over lifters? I have ls6 lifters and pretty sure they were slightly too short pushrods. like 7.35 vs 7.4 gonna try and measure this week and see.
Old 05-06-2015, 08:04 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here are some videos:

First is the old initial rattle that I was talking about:

the other videos I tried to make you really cant hear it at all. So anyways anyone have any idea on the noise? really looking to fix this and sell the car/trade it in. Gotta get it somewhat right before I do.

Quick Reply: Engine noise