General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Summit Brand Spark Plug Wire Review

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2015, 08:09 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Summit Brand Spark Plug Wire Review

I am finishing assembly of my 383 LT1 and noticed that my OEM plug wires (113,000 miles and 19 yrs old) weren't clipping onto the spark plugs as well so decided to install new wires while the engine was out of the car. After looking at the various options, I decided to give the Summit brand 8mm wires a shot since I have been very pleased with the few Summit brand parts I've gotten in the past. When I called and asked who made their wires, I was told Packard-Delco which I liked since that is who made the OEM wires which I was pleased with and they are only 1/3 the cost of the MSD wires.

Overall I am very pleased with the plug wires. The construction quality looks great and they snap onto the plugs and coil really well. the lengths are decent (some a little long which isn't too much of a problem) and I was able to get everything routed well away from the headers, and the boots were short enough to clear all the primaries. The wires fit into the stock looms along the sides of the block and I was able to get them to fit into the looms around the passenger side accessory bracket by dremeling them out a bit.

Engine isn't in the car yet but I'll update the thread if I have any issues. Pics:

Old 07-23-2015, 11:31 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

I've ran them on a couple of engines in the past, nothing was terribly hi powered or RPM, but I thought they were pretty good. I also used the universal ones, so I was able to cut to length.

Quick Reply: Summit Brand Spark Plug Wire Review