General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Just swapped my rack ... now camber is off ... WTH!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2015, 05:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 127 Likes on 86 Posts

Default Just swapped my rack ... now camber is off ... WTH!!!

I just finished replacing my rack and figured I'd rough in the toe and get it to my alignment guy this weekend. No big deal, right? Wrong. When I set the car down I could tell the camber was way off. I had to leave for work so I couldn't investigate further, but since there's only one way that the camber would change, I'm leaning towards the alignment shop (not my alignment guy) not tightening the lower arms 3 weeks ago. That could also explain the car shaking and very unstable at highway speeds over the last 3 weeks.

The tires are leaning in at the top. When I jacked it up and set it down, the weight of the car must have caused the a-arms to shift.
Old 08-12-2015, 06:41 PM
TECH Addict

Received 27 Likes on 21 Posts

I'd agree, if the bolts are not properly tightened the lower a frames get pulled out from the weight of the car. You can easily jack the frt end up, loosen the bolts and push them back into place. Just look for the old bolts marks on the frame.

I never get alignment, I always do it myself. These fbodies are easy to adjust my dick could do it. LMAO

Quick Reply: Just swapped my rack ... now camber is off ... WTH!!!