General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Seat belt question.

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2015, 09:50 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Seat belt question.

I'm trying to determine something. I was looking for a front passenger belt for a 99 Trans Am, new, and came across one for a 1998 Camaro. For all intents and purposes, it looks exactly the same as one for a 99 Trans Am. The color for the Camaro is called Pewter, the TA Gray. However, both appear to be the same dark gray, at least in pictures. The latch plastic part appears to be the exact same as used in the TA and the metal part of the latch matches to the same style as a TA one I have for a new drivers side belt here. However, the part numbers are different and the Camaro one is only listed for the one 1998 model year.

Does anyone know just what is different between the two besides model year? Is the color the same or is there a difference?

12369446 Camaro one and 12369445 for the TA.
Old 09-01-2015, 10:36 PM
Save the manuals!

Received 322 Likes on 295 Posts

Are you getting these through a dealer? They have access to the part number cross references. These belts have had their part numbers substituted by GM several times over the years as the models are tweaked/improved, etc. One of the part numbers you have found may be a newer sub than the other. (For example.)

Quick Reply: Seat belt question.