General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

What does this elec. harness plug to?

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2015, 06:11 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What does this elec. harness plug to?

Car is a 2001 Formula. Can anyone tell me? Located in front of the shifter. It's not the 12v socket or the cig. Lighter. It is the one with a pink/fushia, gray, white, brown w/ white strip and black wires going to it. Thanks
Attached Thumbnails What does this elec. harness plug to?-image.jpg  
Old 11-06-2015, 08:39 AM
Save the manuals!

Received 322 Likes on 295 Posts

There are extra harness connectors in there, which may not be used depending on how your car is equipped and if it has traction control or is a convertible. If I remember correctly, that's the one for the traction control switch.

Last edited by wssix99; 11-06-2015 at 09:12 AM.
Old 11-06-2015, 11:16 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by wssix99
There are extra harness connectors in there, which may not be used depending on how your car is equipped and if it has traction control or is a convertible. If I remember correctly, that's the one for the traction control switch.
Ok thanks. Do you know where the switch is? Or where this plugs into? I don't think i have tcs since there is no button or whatever. I can't seem to find it. Thanks.

Last edited by notnilc20; 11-06-2015 at 11:26 AM.
Old 11-06-2015, 03:15 PM
Save the manuals!

You probably have a little cubby hole built in to the center panel that fits in above the gear selector. Cars with TCS or convertibles don't have that cubby. Instead, they have a switch panel in that place, (the storage cup snaps out and the panel snaps in its place) which is where the TCS and convertible top switches go.
Old 11-07-2015, 12:01 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by wssix99
You probably have a little cubby hole built in to the center panel that fits in above the gear selector. Cars with TCS or convertibles don't have that cubby. Instead, they have a switch panel in that place, (the storage cup snaps out and the panel snaps in its place) which is where the TCS and convertible top switches go.
Yeah i just have the little plastic pocket there. I was just surprised to see the wiring pin there. I would think it should be taped off or something.
Old 11-07-2015, 06:08 PM
Save the manuals!

Originally Posted by notnilc20
I would think it should be taped off or something.
There are unused plugs all over the car, depending on what options were installed in the factory. The design of the female connector protects the terminals from any shorting. Even if they did short, you don't have that system in the car, so nothing should happen.

Quick Reply: What does this elec. harness plug to?