General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

T-Tops leaking

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2016, 11:43 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts

Default T-Tops leaking

Nothing too serious but I'm getting drips of water coming in from the areas where the TTops lock into the body of the car at the front near the A-Pillers. It only happens while the car is sitting still during fairly decent rains. I mean. The weather stripping is like 16 years old so I'm not surprised but would like to get it fixxed. Is new weather stripping what's needed or am I looking at a different issue?
Old 02-04-2016, 12:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Some people say putting vaseline on the rubber will help rejuvenate and make is "swell" to close small gaps, you can also use the black silicone to try to fill in some of the cracks. Other than those only other option is to replace the stripping.
It is possible if your window regulator had been replaced your window might not be seating in the proper place and not making a good seal and you would need to realign the window.
Old 02-04-2016, 04:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

I used this:

https://ls1tech.com/forums/general-m...up-inside.html

No more leaks!
Old 02-04-2016, 06:27 PM
Save the manuals!

Received 322 Likes on 295 Posts

You should also make sure you aren't developing this common issue: https://ls1tech.com/forums/general-m...-included.html

The weatherstripping should not be bad. If it was, you would be able to see it.

I'd start by checking the window reveal (how it engages the rubber) and compare it between the two sides of your car. The T-Top could be leaking, the window could just be out of adjustment, or the window regulator could be falling out of position. (as the thread above details)

Quick Reply: T-Tops leaking