General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Dash Switches

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2016, 11:05 AM
On The Tree

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Dash Switches

Looks like the previous owner put an after market switch in for an unknown reason. Looks like it had sub wiring in it at some point. But it isn't connected to anything now. But I did see a wiring harness not connected to anything. My only guess is that it was for the ASR. When I turn the car on it don't see any ASR light so I'm guessing my car never had ASR. But did they still have the harness installed anyway? I used the fog lights switch to test it but nothing changed and no light turned on the switch either so I'd guess no power.

I just want to make sure it's not always on and effects me if I take it to the strip.

Old 02-28-2016, 10:09 AM
Save the manuals!

Received 322 Likes on 295 Posts

Yes, you'll find additional connectors back there for the Traction Control System (TCS), Convertible Top, and other accessories your car may not have come with. You can confirm those accessories from the factory by checking the RPO codes printed on the sticker inside your driver's side door. We have a sticky that has a cross reference for those codes.

If you don't have any wires coming from that switch, you should be good to go. I'd expect the PO would have taken whatever super-valuable jewel was there and just yanked all the wires connected to it?

Quick Reply: Dash Switches