General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Ls1 tune up.

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2016, 07:19 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ls1 tune up.

So i have TA and well ive street raced it a couple times in those times i noticed it would misfire... So im not sure if it needs to be tuned .if so i know ngk-t55s are good plugs , msd wiring , oil change , filter changes . But what about the msd ignition coils ? Would any one recommend them ? Is there anything else i might be missing or anything else yall would recommend for a good tune engine tune up.
Old 04-03-2016, 08:25 AM
Banned

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

No...your stock coils are plenty good. As long as they are good.

Many things can cause misfiring. Don't start buying parts and doing hard labor like changing plugs.

I would say, go buy some MAF cleaner and spray clean the MAF wiring real good and hit the IAC sensor in the lid with the MAF spray. Both sides of the MAF screen.....hit the entire surface and all the little fine wires inside the screen. DO NOT touch the small wires with anything except the spray.

And if you have a K&N air filter...throw it away and buy a paper filter.

Then go do a WOT throttle run....see if that fixed it. If not, then you can start looking deeper.

Last edited by LS6427; 04-03-2016 at 11:01 AM.
Old 04-04-2016, 10:31 AM
Teching In

In your spot I would get a bluetooth dongle that is compatible with your OBD2 port and download a Torque app or something similar to get all of your codes and some baseline info. Total investment in that knowledge is under 10 bucks but the time and money it will save you is immeasurable
Old 04-04-2016, 11:00 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by NightHawwk
In your spot I would get a bluetooth dongle that is compatible with your OBD2 port and download a Torque app or something similar to get all of your codes and some baseline info. Total investment in that knowledge is under 10 bucks but the time and money it will save you is immeasurable
Sounds good ! Any specific brands or places were to purchase this?
Old 04-04-2016, 11:22 AM
Teching In

This one worked perfectly for me, but I got this a couple years back. Just do a similar search for the relevant terms on amazon or the like

Super Mini ELM327 V1.5 OBD2 OBD-II Bluetooth CAN-BUS Auto Diagnostic Tool for Windows XP, Vista, Win7, OSX and Android

Quick Reply: Ls1 tune up.