General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Replacement Fuel Tank

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2016, 01:06 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Replacement Fuel Tank

Anybody know where I can buy a new or used OE fuel tank for an 01 TA? The fuel tank on my car was slightly damaged(melted) from exhaust heat at some point. I'm looking at selling the car and I want to get this fixed before putting it up for sale. The only thing I've found is a spectra aftermarket tank but research shows that fitment is poor and I'd rather not spend $250.

Thanks
Old 04-13-2016, 02:00 PM
TECH Resident

Not sure where you're located but I saw one for sale with the bucket/pump assembly a month or so ago on the DFW area craigslist going for a pretty reasonable price IIRC.
Old 04-13-2016, 02:12 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You may be able to track a used one down from a wrecking yard, but that can be tricky. Most yards in my area drill the tank to drain the fuel, as part of bringing the car in. I had to wait for the next Camaro to come in, and have them pull it complete.

Just an FYI, any tank from the later year f-bodies will work. v6, Camaro, Trans Am, doesn't matter. '99 and up if I remember right. The pump did change though, so switch yours over if you pick up a tank from a v6.
Old 04-13-2016, 02:19 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 1999nbmZ
You may be able to track a used one down from a wrecking yard, but that can be tricky. Most yards in my area drill the tank to drain the fuel, as part of bringing the car in. I had to wait for the next Camaro to come in, and have them pull it complete.

Just an FYI, any tank from the later year f-bodies will work. v6, Camaro, Trans Am, doesn't matter. '99 and up if I remember right. The pump did change though, so switch yours over if you pick up a tank from a v6.
Thanks, I saw a couple v6 tanks on ebay and that was a question I forgot to ask. I may just go with that then.

Quick Reply: Replacement Fuel Tank