General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Review on sound deadener showdown cld tiles, luxury liner pro, and raamaudio ensolite

Old 05-26-2016, 09:26 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Review on sound deadener showdown cld tiles, luxury liner pro, and raamaudio ensolite

I was so tired of the clunky/junky/tin can feeling these cars had. And all of that on top of my annoying rear end whine was just not a pleasant driving experience.

This is what I installed.

Sound deadener showndown cld tiles
Second skin luxury liner pro
Raamaudio ensolite foam

The sound deadener showdown cld tiles come in smaller sheets (not sure exact dimensions) so its easy to install for the most part no cutting. IF you do have to cut pieces down the aluminum backing is thick which makes it hard. I think its overkill thick. But what do i know. I covered 60-70% of surfaces with this

The second skin luxry liner pro is HEAVY. When the box showed up i could barely lift it. They say to put the on all flat and vertical surfaces. I put a few pieces in some nice flat vertical areas but thats it. This stuff is really thick and wont take hard curves very well. This stuff installed on the floor gets rid of ALOT of road noise. This also helped with rear end whine tremendously. It glue on so it wasn't very fun.

The Raamaudio ensolite foam is very thin, but IMO the best thing to use for door, vertical surfaces, and all of the floor surfaces that are flat enough to use the luxury liner pro. PEEL AND STICK!!!! way easier to install.

I couldn't be happier with the amount of noise this canceled out. I highly recommend doing this if thats what your looking for.
Old 05-28-2016, 01:51 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I did the same thing but used all Second Skin products. Sound deadener with Luxury Liner on top of that. I did not use adhesive, it's not going anywhere with the carpet on top. I didn't use it on any vertical surfaces. Just the doors, floor, and some of the trunk area. I'll go back later and finish the trunk. Oh, and a leather hole punch set worked awesome for clean holes in the Luxury Liner for the bolt holes. Overall I dropped ten decibels at highway speed.

Before:

After:

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Review on sound deadener showdown cld tiles, luxury liner pro, and raamaudio ensolite