Front Wheel bearings for camaro ls1 1998

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2016, 05:29 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Front Wheel bearings for camaro ls1 1998

Greetings everyone.

Im in need of your help.

I need to buy some wheel bearings for my camaro.

I do not use it for street race but ofc sometimes it can be driven at little rough but its not that often, i mostly just cruise.

Ive been reading some posts some of you are talking about bearings but what i can understand you are talking about what is best for race, And since i do not race what is suggestion to what bearings i should buy. I been looking at these

<ebay link deleted>

what do you think about these for my kind of need?

Thx.

Last edited by wssix99; 08-06-2016 at 06:16 PM. Reason: non-sponsor link
Old 08-06-2016, 06:17 PM
Save the manuals!

Received 322 Likes on 295 Posts

You should have found that consensus is that a name brand bearing (like the Timken bearning you linked to) is the way to go. I have Timken's on my car and they have given me 5 years of trouble-free driving.

That being said, you should probably get these locally or through a reputable online dealer and not ebay.
Old 08-16-2016, 03:29 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The problem is if i buy them here i Denmark they cost 500$

It is very expensive to buy parts for american cars here. thats why i buy off Ebay.

But thx for you help
Old 08-17-2016, 09:02 AM
Save the manuals!

Ah. eBay isn't so reliable for us here in the States. Have you tried a low cost direct supplier like RockAuto? I understand that they ship internationally and would expect that their shipping costs would be in line what an eBay seller would charge.
Old 09-12-2016, 06:26 PM
On The Tree

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Is there any type of "performance" version of these hubs?

I just started getting a vibration from the front of my car after driving through some harsh Chicago streets yesterday. I believe it feels like the passenger front hub. When I turn the wheel left, I can feel it bind/vibrate a bit. When I turn the wheel right, the problem isn't there.

I noticed on Rock Auto, there's number of different hubs and they actually look different in the pictures.
-AC Delco
-Raybestos
-Moog
-Timken
-SKF
Old 09-13-2016, 09:59 AM
Save the manuals!

Not that I've seen. Timken and SKF actually make bearings, so they are going to be your best bet. The others will just be rebadged Timken's, SKF's, or worse...

To tell if your bearings are really the problem, you really need to get the wheel off the ground so you can manipulate it by hand.
Old 10-05-2016, 07:56 PM
TECH Addict

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by M4th0ne
The problem is if i buy them here i Denmark they cost 500$

It is very expensive to buy parts for american cars here. thats why i buy off Ebay.

But thx for you help
I buy mine off ebay from seller DetroitAxle. I put them on my 98 Z28 and also on my C6 Corvette many years with no issues.
Old 10-07-2016, 12:12 AM

Received 1,836 Likes on 1,145 Posts

My car went through lots of bearings on the front. Depending on your build and driving habits, that cantilevered front hub can be a weak design. I felt like once the original failed I couldn't keep good bearings on it. Even Timken and skf

To answer your question - is there a performance version?

I finally switched to third gen hubs. There are bearings inboard and outboard from the load, and they are serviceable, and the tires rotate freer in my opinion. It will cause ABS delete also, so it's a commitment.

Quick Reply: Front Wheel bearings for camaro ls1 1998