General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

running like shit

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2016, 12:37 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default running like ****

I have a 2000 z28 straight pipe ive bought back in march and ever since been running like **** it has a lag to it every time i step on it and smells like gas . Ive hooked it up to a computer said it was both of the 02s that weren't workin ive changed both of them but still dosent run good do yall think it may just need a tune up? And also it has no egr so it throwing egr codes on the small scanners
Old 09-27-2016, 01:46 PM
Banned

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Was it an OBDII scanner that said both 02s were not switching properly? Or just codes for both?

Could be a failing MAF also. Clean it first with MAF spray.

Old 09-27-2016, 02:04 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I used the snap on computer and it showed that both 02s werent working at all and i used an obdII sensor and showed a evap leak and egr code and also wer the egr is supposed to be at they welded
Old 10-03-2016, 12:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

No offense but I think you are mis-understanding your codes.

If your car is straight piped and untuned, then the o2 code will pop because you don't have rear o2 sensors.

If EGR is deleted and car is untuned, EGR codes will pop. On a untuned but full exhaust car both these codes will pop. So to me code-wise they have nothing to do with your current situation.

You need to describe what "running like ****" is. We cant go off of that. Low idle? hesitation? backfire? we need details of whats going on and what you've done so far. This could be simple such as fuel filter or dirty MAF or complicated like fuel pump or ignition coils.
Old 10-03-2016, 06:52 PM
Banned

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by beerto_z28
I used the snap on computer and it showed that both 02s werent working at all and i used an obdII sensor and showed a evap leak and egr code and also wer the egr is supposed to be at they welded
As far as the smell of gas goes...I had that once and I needed to get a new evap solenoid....the one that hooks up to the intake vacuum line and is mounted on the drivers sided of the intake.

Quick Reply: running like shit