General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Exhaust Hangers

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2017, 09:00 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Exhaust Hangers

I'm sure this is another beat to death topic but I am looking for what is now the replacement for the passenger side catback exhaust hanger as seen in attached pic. I can get the rubber hangers but I am looking to replace this as well and can't find any place to get it from. I think I remember that a replacement part was discontinued or something. Does anybody know where to get a replacement part or how to make something else work? Thanks.

Old 01-29-2017, 06:19 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,483 Likes on 1,067 Posts

The OEM GM ones were discontinued a while back, but what you have pictured above isn't the original anyway. It looks like you already have the aftermarket replacement. I hadn't heard about the aftermarket ones being discontinued though, here's a link I saved with a part number for the aftermarket Walker version from a few years back (looks like what you have right now):

https://ls1tech.com/forums/general-m...ust-mount.html
Old 01-30-2017, 07:28 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well...HELL, it does look like the aftermarket type. But I never changed it and I'm the original owner. Only thing I did back there was install the GMMG catback. I don't recall changing the hanger out, but I could be wrong. Thanks.

Quick Reply: Exhaust Hangers