General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

No headlights

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2005, 05:53 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy No headlights

My headlights are not working,neither are the brights. I checked the fuses,bulbs and all the wiring, everything is fine. The only thing I notice is the winshield wiper,brights and cruise control arm on the left of the steering column feels like it is broken. It fells very loose to the touch, and is the only thing connected to the headlights. So i was wondering if this could be cause the headlights not to work. Please give me some idea of what to do ,i haven't driven my car in over a month.
Old 10-19-2005, 06:26 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

T T T
Old 10-20-2005, 07:31 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 259 Likes on 223 Posts

Did you check the fusible links? The headlights don't have a fuse - they are protected by a fusible link under junction block #2 on the left inner fender.

Make sure you are getting battery voltage on the red wire at the headlight switch and that the yellow wire at the switch has power when in the ON position. If there's no power at the red wire then you have a burned out fusible link or some other interruption in the power supply to the switch. If you have power at the red wire but not the yellow then the headlight switch is faulty.