General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Car in the air: One hub spinning more slowly (bearings?)

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2006, 12:41 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question Car in the air: One hub spinning more slowly (bearings?)

Hey guys,
I was rotating my tires the other day and i noticed my front right hub wasn't spinning as easily as the other four, and even had a bit of a grinding noise. This went away once i put the tire back on, but it still worried me.
So then today I went and got an alignment today, specs seem pretty good, even camber, little cross camber (1 degree more on the right side) but the car pulls torwards that slow spinning hub...
If i'm on the right side of the crest of the road, it pulls to the right, if i'm on the left side, it tracks straight.
Could this be my bearings need to be repacked? or brake contact? I had them replaced probably 3000 miles ago...
TIA, u guys rule
Old 03-28-2006, 10:40 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jrtf83
Hey guys,
I was rotating my tires the other day and i noticed my front right hub wasn't spinning as easily as the other four, and even had a bit of a grinding noise. This went away once i put the tire back on, but it still worried me.
So then today I went and got an alignment today, specs seem pretty good, even camber, little cross camber (1 degree more on the right side) but the car pulls torwards that slow spinning hub...
If i'm on the right side of the crest of the road, it pulls to the right, if i'm on the left side, it tracks straight.
Could this be my bearings need to be repacked? or brake contact? I had them replaced probably 3000 miles ago...
TIA, u guys rule
Remove the caliper and see if the problem in with the brakes or the hub.