General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Windows go up slow....

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2006, 11:42 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Windows go up slow....

My windows go up very slow is it the voltage regulator maybe???
Old 04-10-2006, 07:57 AM
TECH Enthusiast

most likely your window motors are dieing
Old 04-10-2006, 09:39 AM
TECH Resident

Change the motors, use the ones you can get at Autozone, they will make a huge difference !
Old 04-10-2006, 11:25 AM
TECH Regular

is there a difference between the autozone and advance auto with that part
Old 04-10-2006, 12:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dude, don't change it until they are completely dead. Window motors in our cars are pretty much a crap shoot. You could drop two new ones in and they could do the same thing the next day.

If you do decide to do it, study up before doing so. There are some other parts which also make sense to change while your in there, and some related tasks like greasing and so forth which will help lower the load the motors have to deal with.

Try to find the best brand and stick with it. Many of the parts provided by Autozone and the like are of rather poor quality. They have a lifetime warranty, but the cost of the part isn't much compared to the time and effort required to replace it. Often times Autozone will have a part with say a 1 year warranty and a lifetime warranty... those are 100% exactly the same parts. The price difference just justifies the risk of them having to give you another one.
Old 04-12-2006, 01:51 PM
Teching In

Could be your battery connection. Certain car parts these days rely on a certain amount of voltage. If your car isn't pulling a certain voltage from the battery, certain things won't work or work correctly like your windows. Try cleaning the battery cables so the connection to the battery is 100%. If that doesn't work, then it isn't your battery.
Old 04-13-2006, 02:26 AM
Teching In

It's just the nature of our windows. Mine does the same thing, but sticks mid way up or down on the driver's side. I have to wait a few minutes for it to move some more, then it stops, wait a few minutes...
Old 04-13-2006, 12:08 PM
On The Tree

Definitely bad motors, it happens all of the time. Both of mine went out, they start by going slow, then eventually they stop, you let them cool, they move some more, etc.

I replaced them about 2 years ago and they have been fine since. I recommend the Siemens brand motor from Autozone and also looking up the directions online (it involves drilling in a few spots). Don't forget to grease the mechanism while you are in there.

good luck,

Joe