General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

not the fuel pump?

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2006, 08:08 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default not the fuel pump?

ok, i got the car at my friends shop, changed the fuel pump and fuel filter on the bird, and still not wanting to run? when u turn the key it wants to start up, but doesn't want to? i have no clue what it is....ignition problems maybe?...Anyone?

Old 04-23-2006, 09:21 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Being a 98 that eliminates distributor probs. Things like a MAP sensor, or I have seen a few times on those the coolant temp sensor gone bad. Both of those will throw your mixture way off if they read incorrectly, causing a really hard or no start condition. On an ls1 If you have fuel pressure then it is most likely a sensor. I am also assuming that the battery and starter are good. And also check for a security light on. It sounds like it could be a passlock issue. Thats a few things to start with. If I can help more let me know.
Old 04-23-2006, 09:30 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Check for any codes?
Old 04-24-2006, 05:10 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Camaro_Z28
Being a 98 that eliminates distributor probs. Things like a MAP sensor, or I have seen a few times on those the coolant temp sensor gone bad. Both of those will throw your mixture way off if they read incorrectly, causing a really hard or no start condition. On an ls1 If you have fuel pressure then it is most likely a sensor. I am also assuming that the battery and starter are good. And also check for a security light on. It sounds like it could be a passlock issue. Thats a few things to start with. If I can help more let me know.
I'll check into that, thanks! Only problem is that I have my car about an hour away from my house! So i'll have to look at those sensors this upcoming weekend, thanks...

Originally Posted by 2001NBMZ28
Check for any codes?
Not yet, don't have a diagnostics scanner, i'll have to take it to a local shop/dealer or buy one myself, which is a bit pricey...