General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

High Pitch Squeek When Turning Right

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2006, 07:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default High Pitch Squeek When Turning Right

Seems to be coming from the front driver's side wheel. Only happens when I make a right turn. Almost sounds like a part of the brake caliper is coming into contact with the wheel. I jacked the car up and tried to get the sound to repeat....but it would not. Everything on the caliper assembly and bracket seems tight. No strange noises while braking. My next thought was that it could be a wheel bearing going bad. The car does not pull to any side though....and feels stable. Could it be a wheel bearing?? Any other ideas?? It's driving me insane!!

Old 05-06-2006, 09:46 PM
Teching In

My 2000 Camaro does the same thing I would like to know what it is
Old 05-07-2006, 10:37 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Could very well just be the brake pads, It puts just enough drag on the outboard pad in a rh turn to squeal. An easy way to check this is try applying differnt amounts of brake pressure when its doing it and see what happens. Wheel bearings usually make a hum or grinding noise and is usually more at higher speeds, not saying it cant be, but probably not.
Old 05-08-2006, 01:22 AM
Staging Lane

I would suggest checking that bearing they squeak more under pressure when weight is transferred to them. However before you go through all that trouble doesnt hurt to make sure the pads arent rubbing or the caliper is sticking.