General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Help! Autometer Hook Up!

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2006, 11:10 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Help! Autometer Hook Up!

Ok I have a 5" tach. I need to know where you guys hooked up the power and where you hooked up the ground. I have a LT1, which wire to I tap in for the RPM's.

I need to know a 12v power source that isn't on 24/7, just something that comes on with the ignition or light switch!

NEED RECOMMENDATIONS QUICKLY THANKS

!Josh

ANY PICTURES OR WRITE UPS WOULD BE GREAT! MAYBE EVEN A SCAN OF THE DIRECTIONS TO HOOK UP! I bought it used!
Old 05-10-2006, 11:37 PM
TECH Regular

i just went to the radio power and ground on my old car. tach wire goes to the green wire on the ignition coil. then light goes to the big yellow wire on the headlamp switch.
Old 05-11-2006, 12:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Ok sooooooo...........Some guy who had an LT1 told me it's the white wire under the passenger kick panel.........here is what happened.

so I tried to tap the RPM wire, which you said was white, but I did it and it didn't work, then I realized as I was connecting it off and on, my interior lights were going off and on. hahaha. so I was like hey i'll try to white one with the black strip. (WRONG) Then my security light came on and wouldn't let me start my car, I locked the doors, alarm set, then I opened the doors, teh alarm went off (usually i turn it off by putting the key it and putting it on the ON position, but that didnt work. It went for about 3 mintues and shut off, then it let me start it again (PHEW)

So i have determined it's not the white or white with the black stripe. Any other suggestions...I scared now to just tap wires now.