General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

chopped front tires

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2006, 11:30 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default chopped front tires

my 98 Z has a problem with the front tires...The inside of both front tires is chopped, these where new tires, and i had it Alined... still chopped the inside of both... upper, lower ball joints or what I NEED SOME HELP.. i do all my work myself... i dont let anyone touch my Z... you guys under stand. I would like to know if there is some way to check the front susp. parts.. thanks
Old 05-17-2006, 12:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've had the same problems on both of my cars, one mechanic I worked with knew the cars well enough to set it up not to do this. The alignment specs are pretty wide, so just because the car is "in spec" doesn't necessarily mean it is set up how you want it.

Frequent rotation is very important, imho. That's why I don't understand how guys are running direction 17/18 staggers. The whomp whomp whomp would drive me nuts.
Old 05-17-2006, 12:39 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by todddchi
I've had the same problems on both of my cars, one mechanic I worked with knew the cars well enough to set it up not to do this. The alignment specs are pretty wide, so just because the car is "in spec" doesn't necessarily mean it is set up how you want it.

Frequent rotation is very important, imho. That's why I don't understand how guys are running direction 17/18 staggers. The whomp whomp whomp would drive me nuts.

thanks toddchi..