General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

What Could be wrong?

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2006, 09:14 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default What Could be wrong?

Its a 93 lt1 Trans Am but the problem is its running awful, something is banging & sraddling, but i think i have that figured out. For the engine is running like its missing something(i had some cylinder problem awhile back but its almost similar) exhaust sounds mellow and no tone for all the new parts to it and its vibrates crazy when i try putting some pedal down on it. I just had Lt headeres ORY catback cutout and moroso CAI (I havent gotten a tune yet im going tommarow for it) im just wondering if this is why or do i have bigger problems going on here? I drove in some rain yesterday but limited time and distance what could be wrong?
Old 06-11-2009, 12:40 AM
Staging Lane

It is your ORY banging on the floor board. It happens to everybody with this setup. I also put in some pacesetter LTs and ORY and wound up with the same problem. but there are a few ways to fix it:1.put in some poly motor mounts 2. there are some mounts you can buy the hook to the ORY and have a rubber piece that pushes against the floor board 3.(temporary)Shove some high temp hose in between the ORY and the floor board.
Old 06-11-2009, 12:42 AM
TECH Enthusiast

it could be your optispark