General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

popping noise from front wheel, ABS?

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2006, 03:47 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default popping noise from front wheel, ABS?

about a month ago my car developed this fairly quiet "pop" noise that was coming from the front of the car, i first thought maybe it was my MAC headers i put on hitting the steering shaft, but that does not touch. as time went on, i noticed it does it almost everytime i hit the brakes going slow, like parking, or in a drive thru, or if im in reverse, the second i put pressure on my brake pedal it pops from i think my left front wheel, i have to be moving though. just one pop, and thats it. i have no abs lights or anything indicating a problem. anybody heard this? is it something with my ABS in that wheel?
Old 06-10-2006, 05:03 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i ahd a similar problem with my car. There would be a popping noise from the front left wheel whenever I hit the brakes. But mine would do it more than once. I checked everything over and made sure everything was tight and it has kind of went away so Im not sure what it was. Check all of your ball joints and everything to. It could be that when you hit the brakes it puts a load on the joint and pops since its gettin worn out. Hope this helps ya out.

Later Ben

Quick Reply: popping noise from front wheel, ABS?