General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

code P0118

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2006, 02:01 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default code P0118

i did a search already, but i just want more info. the ses light isnt on any more. im replacing the temp sensor tomorrow hopefully that will help.

i Juts got my LT's on dont know if that matters. but since the code has to do with the car running hotter than normal..i figured the LT's are making the car hotter. am i right or wrong?

the tamp gage is normal just like it was before the install..but will this make my car over heat??

i notice parts of the engine being hot after the car was off for an hr....including the oil pan ..maybe i just never really noticed this before...butim jujst curious
Old 06-16-2006, 02:19 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Since the light isn't on I'd just double check the ECT plug/contacts/wiring and drive it. How long since the LT install? Maybe the car was started with it unplugged or loose.
Old 06-16-2006, 02:23 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 2001NBMZ28
Since the light isn't on I'd just double check the ECT plug/contacts/wiring and drive it. How long since the LT install? Maybe the car was started with it unplugged or loose.

yea i did unplug it..if its the one on the drivers side thats close to the headers than yeah. i just turn it on yesterday ,drove it today for the first time. i plugged it back in yesterday when i noticed it. do you know if the lt's make the car run hotter than normal??
Old 06-16-2006, 02:51 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yeah, ECT is the brass sensor w/2 wire connector right by #1. Don't think LTs are going to raise your coolant temps.

Quick Reply: code P0118