General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

car seems to be running abit hotter....

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2006, 10:47 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default car seems to be running abit hotter....

just put pacesetters LT's and ory 2 weeks ago, i had a P0118 code come up after the install. Turned out to be the temp. sensor, but ever since i put the LT's on, i have notice the car to be running a bit hotter. Car takes about half the time it used to, to reach operating temp. and it takes awhile for it to cool off. it has not over heated though and the needle has not passed the 210 mark. any one have any input??
Old 06-26-2006, 12:01 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

did you replace the sensor. make sure the wires did not touch anything. are they coated headers.
Old 06-26-2006, 06:55 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by REDWS6ROCKET
did you replace the sensor. make sure the wires did not touch anything. are they coated headers.

i did replace the sensor, i have coated pacesetters. it doesnt even take the headers 2 minutes to get super hot. the only thing that touches the headers is one of my plug wires, which i plan on replacing in a few days.
Old 06-26-2006, 09:23 PM
TECH Addict

Your 01 has a dummy temp gauge, it will NOT indicate the true engine temp, it's an idiot light that looks like a gauge, if the car does in fact overheat it will go the red zone, but as long as it stays @210 the car is at normal temp
If you really want to know what the temp of the engine is, you'll need an aftermarket gauge, or one of the tuning software bundles