General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Need bolt for headlight assembly

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2006, 02:57 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need bolt for headlight assembly

While I was taking the headlight assembly off to replace the motor, one of the bolts broke in half. I have checked local hardware stores and have not been able to find this specific one, my local junkyards didn't have any firebirds or TA's. I was wondering if anyone knew of a place to get the bolt without purchasing an entire headlight assembly, or if anyone has one they don't need I would be willing to pay for it. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Old 07-24-2006, 12:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Is that one of the bolts that mounts the motor to the car? It might help to be a bit more specific.
Old 07-25-2006, 09:24 PM
Teching In

No, it's the bolt that connects the headlight frame to the assembly at the top. I'm not sure how else to describe it. There's two of them and they have a T30 head.
Old 07-25-2006, 09:51 PM
Launching!

I would suggest going to your local dealers parts department and have them get the part for you. That way you would have the right part with out any guess work. Sometimes it is better to seek the advice if your local dealer parts department than it is to shop around for an item on a hit and or miss mission when the parts department has a parts catalog that tells them the correct part for a particular application.
Old 07-25-2006, 11:19 PM
On The Tree

This is kind of wierd because I broke this same bolt about one week ago trying to take it out and it kind of broke pretty easily. I didnt have time to order one or run around and look for one so I found a little bolt in my garage that fits through the little hole and then I put the nut on the inside of that bigger hole. If your looking at the car you'll probably know what im talking about. I fount the perfect bolt/nut combo, there aint no slack or anything feels good and tight. Has been working great since. Hope this helps!

Quick Reply: Need bolt for headlight assembly