General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Possible causes of cruise control not working?

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2006, 09:40 AM
11 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Possible causes of cruise control not working?

I don't even know where to start. I have checked all fuses that I think may be associated with the cc but found them all to be fine. What else can I check? I noticed that there is a plastic piece with some kind of sensor broken off that somehow works in conjunction with the clutch pedal. Is it possible this could be part of the cruise control setup? Thanks for any help you guys can give.
Old 07-25-2006, 10:57 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It could be your clutch pedal switch. If the BCM sees that the clutch is disengaged it wont let you set the cruise.
Old 07-25-2006, 02:07 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does your cc work intermittantly or not at all?
I've had problems with my cc but it's intermittant. I haven't found a way to get it to work again without stopping, turning the car off, and restarting. I don't think i've tried playing with the clutch to get it to work again, though. The controls to your cc are fed through the turn signal switch and down the steering column. I once thought that I may have a loose connection in there. But I replace the signal switch and the wiring harness and the problem still comes and goes.

See if you can play with that clutch pedal switch. If you can, throw the switch by hand and retry cc.
Old 07-25-2006, 03:45 PM
11 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jkichline
Does your cc work intermittantly or not at all?
I've had problems with my cc but it's intermittant. I haven't found a way to get it to work again without stopping, turning the car off, and restarting. I don't think i've tried playing with the clutch to get it to work again, though. The controls to your cc are fed through the turn signal switch and down the steering column. I once thought that I may have a loose connection in there. But I replace the signal switch and the wiring harness and the problem still comes and goes.

See if you can play with that clutch pedal switch. If you can, throw the switch by hand and retry cc.
I doesn't work at all. The previous owner said that it was working intermittently, and after several trips to the dealership where they couldn't find a problem, it finally stopped working alltogether.

Quick Reply: Possible causes of cruise control not working?