General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

stumbling a little bit

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2006, 12:01 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default stumbling a little bit

driving around today and my car started stumbling, at idle the rpms were jumping below 500, and the oil pressure was jumping around between 20 and 40, need an oil change so i checked it and it seems fine just a lil brown but def not crazy dark, but i think the dipstick was loose, would that really cause it to jump around soo much? started the car back up and everything seems to be running fine, just a little rough at times but i think its just cuz i need to change the oil, also i did put gas in today so maybe i got something bad? cars just over 80k miles, anything i should check out tune up wise or not? thanks
Old 07-26-2006, 05:57 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by PewterNHRA2001
driving around today and my car started stumbling, at idle the rpms were jumping below 500, and the oil pressure was jumping around between 20 and 40, need an oil change so i checked it and it seems fine just a lil brown but def not crazy dark, but i think the dipstick was loose, would that really cause it to jump around soo much? started the car back up and everything seems to be running fine, just a little rough at times but i think its just cuz i need to change the oil, also i did put gas in today so maybe i got something bad? cars just over 80k miles, anything i should check out tune up wise or not? thanks
Oil pressure will drop if your rpms drop. That part is normal. As for the stumbling, that isn't becuase you need an oil change, something is definitely going on. Sounds like a vacuum line or something. Can't remember if your vehicle has an EGR. If it does, it could be sticking. Are you getting an SES light? If so, go to advance or autozone and get it scanned. Its free.
Old 07-26-2006, 10:09 AM
TECH Regular

i dont know how the coil/icm is set up on LS1s but on my lt1 i did a icm cooling mod from a guys site and it worked wonders.
Old 07-26-2006, 08:49 PM
TECH Regular

got my codes scanned today, 6 codes total...p0171, p0174 (comes up twice), p0430 (comes up twice) and p0300, said im running lean, something with the cat, and a misfire...any help would be awesome, thanks
Old 07-27-2006, 05:50 AM
TECH Regular

P0171 & P0174

P0430

Lots of info in there. Maybe too much info but its all good. Hope this helps.