General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

ABS and TCS Lights on

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2006, 11:28 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ABS and TCS Lights on

I have seen a few threads on this but no one came up this a good answer so I figured I'd provide a little info. For the last week both my ABS and TCS lights have been on. I got a diag done at the shop and a wheel sensor on the front passenger side was bad. It was reading an incorrect wheel speed.

To correct the problem, they had to replace the wheel bearing (sensor is part of the bearing). Total damage was about $700.
Old 07-27-2006, 02:34 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

damn they RIZZZZZAPED U on that dmg sorry to hear that
Old 07-27-2006, 11:15 PM
On The Tree

If your problem is fixed then that means that they did their job right and it was worth the money. Your paying for their knowledge and diag tools as well as the parts and labor
Old 07-30-2006, 07:53 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by ksuburban
If your problem is fixed then that means that they did their job right and it was worth the money. Your paying for their knowledge and diag tools as well as the parts and labor
Are you serious?? Yeah they did their job right but they also RAPED him on that price. END OF STORY.
Old 07-30-2006, 12:39 PM
On The Tree

A good tech doesnt come cheep. Take it to a cheep place and see what hapens, they cant fix it or they dont fix it right and you have to keep going back to get it done corectly
Old 08-01-2006, 07:31 PM
Launching!

Well, I looked at the parts/labor cost and if I remember correctly the labor was about $250. I don't feel too taken. I know I could have done the work myself and saved money. But sometimes it's worth the extra $$ to not mess with it. Besides, $90 of the labor was for the diag which I would have had to pay in any case.
Old 08-01-2006, 07:39 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,471 Likes on 1,060 Posts

Yep, I had that same issue on my Bonneville, and it needed the same type of parts. Had the dealer fix it, as I really didn't feel like messing with it myself. Price was about the same as you paid.

If you go to a dealer, you will pay more money. But if it's a good GM dealer, it's worth the cash because they will have good quality techs, and back their work with a 12 month warranty. The dealer I always go to has never done me wrong, always stood behind their work, and gotten the work done in a VERY timely fashion. Not to mention, they have a second shift so even when I bring the car in at 5pm at night, it's usually ready by 9pm to be picked up.