General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

wierd noise on wot decel

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2006, 12:54 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wierd noise on wot decel

i have a 99 camaro pretty much stock except for lid catback maf ect minor boltons. i was going to put in headers tomorrow but tonite i was driving around and after i went wot i let off and it made a noise that sounded like a blow off valve. so i pull over and reved it in neutral same thing once i decel it makes the same noise for a second then goes away. what should i start to look for . i had a friend rev it while i looked under the hood and tried to pinpoint it. the sound is coming from near the front of the intake but i cant find exactly what it is. any ideas
Old 08-05-2006, 08:07 AM

LIke a BOV, or louder & more of a pop? Probably the AIR system. it injects intake air into the exhaust manifold to lower emissions. This also adds oxygen into the system and allows for excess fuel the combust in the exhaust. Common on ls1's. Remove the air system. if you don't want to remove it, there is an AIR valve that can be changed to try to correct this.
Old 08-05-2006, 03:54 PM
On The Tree

thanks for the input im gonna remove the air system then when i put the headers in this week ill let u know how it went